Main do's (or don'ts):
- Don't pay! There are good free analytics tools. Flurry is just one of them.
- Track only the important things. And by that I mean the things that can give you some insight, and that you can act on them.
- Tacking onborading users - most important trcking of all. Fiurst experience has a huge effect on retention rates.
- A/B testing - don't keep testing the same decision! It will never reach 100%. Set fair goals and try to measure up to them. Then move on.
- Forget industry benchmarks. Don't look at others. Just try to succeed in what you do.
Very god article that focused me on what's really important. I highly recommend you stick to these points as well. Full article here: