Community

• How to close an Interstitial? posted

There is no 'X' (close option) on ad window.
    I call it with:
    InterstitialManager.showInterstitial(this,<MyID>, InterstitialManager.INTERSTITIAL_VIDEO);

Is there any way or parameters?

• @ultinf Hi,

All our ad units come with a close button, so this should not happen.
    Please send me an APK to carmel@appnext.com so we can debug this issue.

Best,
    Carmel

Director of Product, Appnext

• Hi Carmel,
    I sent you the .apk by e-mail.
    The Interstitials change after 3 seconds without 'Close' button.
    Btw, is there any parameter to control the duration of the video?
    Let me note to the audience that today you have published a new SDK. The case is obviously for the previous one.
    My problem with the new one is that it doesn't support older than Android 4.0 versions.
    Regards,
    ultinf

• @Ray Hi,

I did not get your email, please add me on Skype: carmelzim

Btw, have you tried integrating our updated SDK? It was released yesterday.

Best,
    Carmel

• @Carmel-Zimroni2 Hi Carmel,
    I forwarded my e-mail to your carmel@appnext.com e-mail, you should have received it. To test your Interstitual you have to select "Monthly cycle" from main menu.
    I just implemented your new SDK. It seems that it has a small "Skip" button at lower right corner. But when I tested it on a simulator It loops several times and don't escape from ad window. I cannot test it on a real device right now, since my device is older than Android 4.0 and you claim that these devices are not supported. My app runs on devices Android 2.3 and up, so there could be a problem with your new SDK.
    Regards,
    Ray

• @Ray We reviewed your SDK and it works great for us (and "skip" is shown). We strongly recommend that you update to the next version.

Our interstitial and full screen video SDK currently supports all devices with OS of 4.0 and above, which covers more than 95% of all Android users (http://developer.android.com/about/dashboards/index.html).
    We do plan to offer support in lower versions, in the future, but keep in mind that most promoted apps are intended to users with OS version higher than 4.0. That means that even if you will be able to show the ad unit, users with lower version will not be able to install the apps featured in the ad unit.

All videos have a 15 or 30 seconds long duration, and we plan to offer more control in next releases.

• @Carmel-Zimroni2 Hi Carmel,
    Thank you for your reply.

I'll update and publish my app with your new SDK. It is smaller and may run faster.
    My problem is that on a simulator it doesn't run as I expected and I can test it only on a few real devices.

So I will really appreciate everybody who may like to test it:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.utlinf.bioexpert_lite

Regards,
    Ray

Loading ...